Wednesday of the Third Week of Lent - March 15, 2023

Deuteronomy 4:1, 5-9 Matthew 5:17-19

As we approached today’s scripture, my daughter and I kept an open mind and tried to focus on what stuck out as important. When we both shared our impressions we felt fortunate to go through the process together.

As a parent, the readings and gospel are a reminder of my responsibility to be consistently vigilant in setting a positive example for our children. This isn’t always easy. There are plenty of moments when I become impatient, raise my voice or lose sight of the big picture. I reflect on the wonderful ways my children are growing into their own personalities and strengths. Like this passage, my kids are a constant reminder to me to live a prayerful life, act in kindness and follow the rule of God.

As a kid, when I read the passage, it made me want to follow rules and be kind to everyone so that when it’s time for me to go to Heaven, I’ll be ready. I think if I’m a good human and set a good example, maybe other people will too. We should all follow God’s rules, our teacher’s and parent’s rules because they help us all be better people and we can all help each other be better. The Gospel makes me think of all the things I could do that are good and that I should pray more often.

Q: Who has set a good example for me and how to live out the Gospel message?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion of the Lord (Good Friday) - April 7, 2023

Monday of the First Week of Lent - March 11, 2019

Monday of Holy Week - April 3, 2023