Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - March 22, 2023

Isaiah 49:8-15 John 5:17-30

The season of Lent can be difficult at times, don’t you think? We read scripture each week about a story where we know the ending, the pain and suffering to come of our Savior and the need to understand it in our own lives for our own salvation. Important stuff! However, I find today’s readings from Isaiah and John to be especially helpful in my own life.

Each day for us brings new challenges. How can we expect to make this journey on our own? Isaiah reminds us of the words and promise of our Lord, “In a time of favor I answer you, on the day of salvation I help you.” Isaiah continues, “To those in darkness: Show yourselves!” I like the image of being the people of the light, doing all that we can with the blessings our Lord has provided.

Each day is not just about what I can do, it is what I can do with and for God. Even Jesus says, “I cannot do anything on my own.” My desire this Lent is to continue to seek understanding, to embrace humility, and ask for God’s promised mercy, as written in Isaiah, to the afflicted and the seekers. The beauty of passing from “death to life” is the fullness of our Lord. I plan to share this beautiful message with my family and friends this Lent, with God’s help.

Q: How can I seek understanding today? How can I embrace humility and ask for God’s mercy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion of the Lord (Good Friday) - April 7, 2023

Monday of the First Week of Lent - March 11, 2019

Monday of Holy Week - April 3, 2023