Saturday of the Third Week of Lent - March 18, 2023

Hosea 6:1-6 Luke 18: 9-14

“Come, let us return to the LORD…”

When I was fi rst asked to participate in the writing of this Lenten reflection book, my first inclination was to say “No”. What could I say that people would want to hear? Then I was given the scriptures, and of course they called to me. Because, isn’t that what this faith is about? God calling to us. I did not hear his calling for so long and then I heard, and I listened to, his words. I returned to the Lord; exactly what this scripture is telling us. You do not have to have offerings, or beg forgiveness, nor do you have to sacrifice. All you have to do is have a desire to know the Lord.

I take away from these readings that God truly wants us to come as we are; to see ourselves as we are and not in comparison to others. God wants us to return to him so that he can heal us and be there for us. He wants us to recognize that perfection is NOT something that he is asking for; he is asking for us to allow him to be in our lives. All we need to do is take the time to recognize his grace and love.

Q: What signs of God’s grace and love have I recognized lately? What, if anything, keeps me from recognizing God's grace and love in my life?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion of the Lord (Good Friday) - April 7, 2023

Ash Wednesday - February 22, 2023

Palm Sunday - April 2, 2023