Friday of the Third Week of Lent - March 17, 2023

Hosea 14:2-10 Mark 12:28-34

In today’s Gospel, the scribes ask Jesus which are the most important of the commandments. Jesus’ response is what I believe our faith is all about. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind and strength. From my childhood my faith has been an integral part of my life. I was baptized twice – first in my father’s Greek Orthodox faith and then my single mom’s Catholic faith by Msgr. Tighe at Visitation. I developed my faith through attending Visitation, St. Francis Xavier and high at De La Salle. We always attended Mass and my mom and grandparents were devoted to God and the church. When I was young and in a fit of anger, ran away from home, it was to St. Francis Xavier church that I ran and slept through the night on one of the pews.

I have always loved and put my trust in God who has led me to the places I needed to go. One of these places has been the St. Vincent de Paul Society. With an extremely busy work life, it is my first  experience working one on one with the most vulnerable and needy. The stories I have heard and the needs in our KC community, have touched me and indeed made me love my neighbor. It is through the hurting faces and the comfort of my faith that I have gotten a taste of the Kingdom of God. It is through my love for God with all my heart, all my soul, my mind and strength that I see and feel love for my neighbor as myself.

Q: How will I make sure these two important commandments remain front and center in my life?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion of the Lord (Good Friday) - April 7, 2023

Monday of the First Week of Lent - March 11, 2019

Monday of Holy Week - April 3, 2023