Tuesday of the First Week of Lent - February 28, 2023

 Isaiah 55:10-11 Matthew 6:7-15

Upon reading this passage from the prophet Isaiah, lyrics from The Servant Song came to mind.  Especially the second verse: “We are pilgrims on a journey. Fellow travelers on the road. We are here to help each other. Walk the mile and bear the load.” Isaiah mentions “from the heavens, the rain and snow come down. And do not return there until they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful.” The rain and snow represent us, and the watering of the earth represents the journey of faith we go through in our lives in service to The Lord.

Part of the journey we go through every year is during Lent. For forty days, we make sacrifices to help us follow Christ more faithfully. Once Easter arrives, the sacrifices I have made for Lent are tossed to the side and I revert to my old ways pre-Lent.

As I am reflecting on Isaiah and The Servant Song, I am asking myself “How can I continue the
sacrifices or self-improvements I make during Lent continue for the whole year?” How can I continue this journey after Lent ends?

“So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it” (Isaiah 55:11). The Lord has created us in His own image and the Holy Spirit is inside us. Part of the journey we go through is trying to hear the Lord’s message through readings and prayer, interpreting those meanings and messages through reflection and acting upon them.

Will you let me be your servant
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I may have the grace
To let you be my servant too

Q: Through this season of Lent, let us ask ourselves; How is the Lord speaking to me and what is His message?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion of the Lord (Good Friday) - April 7, 2023

Monday of the First Week of Lent - March 11, 2019

Monday of Holy Week - April 3, 2023