Tuesday of the First Week of Lent - March 8, 2022

 Isaiah 55:10-11           Matthew 6:7-15

In this scripture, God is telling us that he will never give up on us. He will always be there with us and he won’t leave.

When I read this scripture, I like to think of God’s Word as a downpour of rain. His word is coming down from the heavens to relieve us of our sin like a flood washing it all away.

Just as God will never give up on us, we should never give up on each other and our fellow humans. If a friend hurts you or says something that is offensive to you, give them a second chance and forgive them.

Today’s Gospel message tells us not to hold grudges. If you hold a grudge against somebody, you are not giving them that second chance that they, as human beings, deserve.

Honestly, I’m not very good at forgiving people and giving them second chances, but I’m still going to try my best. I’m going to try to understand their point of view.

Q:  Who do I need to forgive? From whom do I need to ask forgiveness? Make a plan to reconcile this Lent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion of the Lord (Good Friday) - April 7, 2023

Monday of the First Week of Lent - March 11, 2019

Monday of Holy Week - April 3, 2023