Passion Sunday - March 28, 2021

Isaiah 50:4-7 Philippians 2:6-11 Mark 11:1-10, 14:1—15:47

In today’s second reading, Jesus is described as giving all He has to God, even humbling himself by taking the form of a slave. From Him giving everything He has to God, God gives to Him. God proclaims that Jesus Christ is Lord and that everyone in heaven and on Earth shall confess that.

This message affects everyone because we all want to get to heaven and this provides a way to do so. This is Jesus’ way of proclaiming God as Lord, and we, too, can confess God as our Lord. Jesus’ way of proclaiming is the most sacrificial but we can follow his example in our own way as we undertake our own calling and journey.

For my journey through life, I bring along religion, spiritual matters, and God. As a high school sophomore, I pray before tests and in the beginning of the school day because I know God will be with me and I will be with Him throughout the day. The same concept applies to sports events and applies before I eat meals, as I give thanks for the opportunities He has given me.

I plan to continue to bring God on my journey as I get closer to college and in the future it is important to maintain my religious values. The Visitation community has been and will be a great part of my religious life.

Q: Do I see each task I perform during the day as an opportunity to give praise and glory to God? Looking back on the last week, did I humbly perform my daily duties as a sacrifice to God? What specific steps will I take tomorrow at work, at school, or at home to make my day a continuing sacrifice and expression of God’s glory?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion of the Lord (Good Friday) - April 7, 2023

Ash Wednesday - February 22, 2023

Palm Sunday - April 2, 2023