Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent - March 22, 2021

Daniel 13:1-9, 15-17, 19-30, 33-62 or 13:41c-62 John 8:1-11

Throughout today’s readings are reminders to stay the course, be true to yourself, and know that God is with you. For this past year, these ideals have been difficult for me to remember. My husband and I divorced, and it has been the most challenging time in my life.

My parents have been married for over 50 years and I wanted the same. But it wasn’t meant to be. And after desperately trying to save my marriage, the realization sunk in that it couldn’t be saved. I was so incredibly fearful. Fearful of the unknown, the uncertainty of the future and judgment from others. Most of all, I was absolutely panicked for our son. I felt like I was drowning and I didn’t know how to keep my head above water.

“Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side.” It felt like I was in the dark valley for the past year. And honestly, there were times that I didn’t feel God was at my side. I felt very much alone. I felt the weight of moving forward was completely on my shoulders. “He guides me in right paths.” I now realize that God was beside me throughout it all, guiding me. Because without my faith, I don’t know how I would have made it this far.

I still have a ways to go. There are times that the feeling of despair is overwhelming. But then I remember that thanks to God, “my cup overflows.” The love and support that I have received from my family and friends keeps me moving forward. And I remember that I move forward each day with God at my side.

Q: When have you felt that you were completely alone and separated from God? Looking back, can you see how God was accompanying you each step of the way, guiding you in right paths?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion of the Lord (Good Friday) - April 7, 2023

Monday of the First Week of Lent - March 11, 2019

Monday of Holy Week - April 3, 2023