Thursday of the First Week of Lent - February 25, 2021

 Esther 12:14-16, 23-25 Matthew 7:7-12

It took me many prayers to get through 2020. I prayed for myself mostly. I felt sad, scared, lost, worried, and hopeless at times this year. Like Queen Esther, I felt alone with no one to turn to but the Lord. I wouldn’t say this was always my first course of action, but with so much more time to reflect this year, it seemed like a good time for spiritual growth. Early last year, my friends were sharing how they started their day and discussing how we could incorporate more prayer into our daily lives. We were asking one another how they stay connected to God with so much going on around us. One friend shared that she prays a daily novena, that is sent to her phone via email, before she even sets a foot on the ground in the morning. That was something I could do, or at least give it a try! Through my friend, I asked God how I could fi nd a way to be closer to Him and I was given the daily pause I needed to get through 2020.

I love the message from the Gospel this week telling us to take action, telling us to “seek and you will find.” These words are powerful to me because when I have felt desperate for a change over the last year. Even though I couldn’t always physically go and find what I needed; I could always seek the Lord in prayer. Not every prayer was answered, but having a thoughtful conversation with God always brought me to greater clarity and trust in what he has promised to me.

Q: How can you seek to fi nd the Lord? Sign up at: PrayMoreNovenas.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion of the Lord (Good Friday) - April 7, 2023

Monday of the First Week of Lent - March 11, 2019

Monday of Holy Week - April 3, 2023