Wednesday of the Fifth Week of Lent - April 1

Daniel 3:14-20, 91-92, 95 John 8:31-42

Spirituality is as unique and personal to all of us as our beliefs and awareness of being connected to something bigger or the “meaning of life.” My spiritual life is constantly evolving. It waxes and wanes like the ocean tides. Truth be told, I feel closer to God some days more than others. I want
to be close to Jesus, but I’m guilty of letting the travails of life dictate my intimacy with the Lord. A couple times each year I have to reset and give myself a spiritual self-check. Am I aware of God’s presence in my life? Do I listen to God’s will and follow his teachings? What does it really mean to
have FAITH?

In the Lenten season, I look for inspiration. And I found inspiration from the prophet Daniel.

“He has sent his angel to rescue his servants.” 

The complex passage could have many meanings. To me, simply, it is an illustration of unadulterated faith to the one true God. Three Hebrew men stand up to a self-proclaimed God and risk certain death at the King’s hand. Their faith is resolute as they are saved by an angel in the fiery hell of the white-hot furnace. What can be more faithful than that?! Unwavered by threats or consequences, the three men would not “kiss the feet” of the false King.

I have often fallen prey to making decisions based on convenience or trivial possessions. In times of confl ict, I have tried to fi x problems with utter desperation. I lacked faith. I lacked purposeful prayer. I was consumed with outcomes and potential failure. How often did I not realize the Holy Spirit at work? It is human nature to want an easy fi x. Only through faith can we inspire true salvation. What a blessing it is to have faith and prayer when times of trouble fall upon us! Open your heart and soul to Him. Have FAITH. Good or bad, it is His sovereign will. This gives me comfort.

I know, it is easier said than done. Life is hard. Trouble will find us all.

Q: What will you do the next time life knocks you down? Will you allow the Holy Spirit to guide you? Will you have FAITH?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion of the Lord (Good Friday) - April 7, 2023

Monday of the First Week of Lent - March 11, 2019

Monday of Holy Week - April 3, 2023