Monday of the Second Week of Lent - March 9

Daniel 9: 4b-10 Luke 6:36-38

Today’s readings are all about compassion, forgiveness and mercy. I have not always connected these three in my head as a trifecta. I consider myself a compassionate person. It comes easily for me to feel concern for most everyone that I meet. We all get hurt and we hurt others. That’s when compassion gets a little harder and forgiveness a bit more difficult.

God says “forgive, and you will be forgiven”...We all want to be forgiven, so let’s forgive others, sounds simple enough. However, forgiving those who have hurt me is one of the hardest things I need to do in order to live like Jesus wants me to. Sometimes I don’t want to. Sometimes I want to stay mad. I have nothing wise to say, but humbly keep trying over and over again. To learn to forgive the little and big things in life are helpful for me to keep my heart light.

The idea that God will show us mercy, no matter what, is the greatest comfort in my life. He knows who I am and He loves me anyway. I read somewhere that God is more interested in our future than our past. It’s a relief to remember that God will always show us mercy and love. By showing compassion, forgiveness and mercy to others, we can better understand the unconditional love that God has for us.

Q: Who in my life do I need to show compassion, forgiveness and mercy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion of the Lord (Good Friday) - April 7, 2023

Ash Wednesday - February 22, 2023

Palm Sunday - April 2, 2023