Wednesday of the Fifth Week of Lent - April 10, 2019



What a test of faith.  For these three men have such a profound belief and dedication to their God that they were willing to die for it rather than be forced to worship another.  This brings the thought of my own existence and mortality to the forefront.  I ask myself this question:  Am I willing to die for my belief in God?

It is easy to say yes to that question.  But take the time to put yourself in Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego’s sandals.  When standing bound and peering into the white-hot furnace would you give in to the King’s wishes?  These men had already made their decision.  They asked God to save them but understood there was also the possibility of death.  We live our lives knowing that death is imminent.  To live life with the devotion of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego’s should be our goal.  To live and die for God. 

To answer that question with a yes, I shall live and I will die for God our Creator.  The miracles of life that daily come to us through the Holy Spirit will give me the courage to run into those flames of possible death with my hands held high.

I pray that these beliefs show in my everyday actions.  I am human and falter. However, I am also forgiven and have the renewed life of living through God’s grace.  When pondering our purpose on this earth we should let go of our wants and ask God what He needs from us.  There we will find our purpose.  

Q:  What golden statues have shown up in your life?  How have you overcome them?  How are you addressing them?  Lastly, how are you releasing them from your life?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion of the Lord (Good Friday) - April 7, 2023

Monday of the First Week of Lent - March 11, 2019

Monday of Holy Week - April 3, 2023